Victor Osimhen's agent says the striker is threatening legal action against Napoli after they published a video on TikTok mocking him.
Osimhen's future at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona is far from certain and this development is unlikely to convince him to stay long-term.
Sources have told that while talks over new deal were progressing, issues had arisen in recent weeks, hence why a new contract has still not been signed.
Osimhen's current deal is due to expire in 2025, but a new contract had been close to being agreed in the summer, which would have included a release clause worth €150m (£130m).
However, this latest situation could very well complicate talks. Napoli posted a video on TikTok which made fun of Osimhen's penalty miss in Sunday's 0-0 draw at Bologna before removing it after coming in for criticism.
After the penalty miss, manager Rudi Garcia substituted Osimhen, who reacted badly to being withdrawn. The situation was seemingly resolved after he spoke with Garcia and the squad the following day, before Napoli posted the now-deleted video.
Osimhen's agent Robert Calenda has now confirmed that he and the Nigeria international are considering legal action.
«What happened today [Tuesday] on Napoli's official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable,» Calenda said in a statement.
«A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted.
»A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news.
«We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor.»
feedRead on 90min.com